East Suffolk Council welcomes measures announced by the Government to help businesses minimise the impact of Covid-19.
Following the Chancellor’s announcement on 17 March 2020, the Government has introduced a package of measures to support businesses affected by Covid-19.
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 – £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Businesses in East Suffolk can get more information about the package, including how to apply, by visiting the East Suffolk Means Business Website at https://eastsuffolkmeansbusiness.co.uk/business-support/resources/covid-19/
Cllr Steve Gallant, Leader of East Suffolk Council said: “East Suffolk Council recognise the unprecedented disruption caused by Covid-19 and we welcome the Government’s response and support offered to some of the worst-affected businesses. These measures could provide a lifeline for many, who are struggling as a result of Covid-19.”
Due to the fast-moving nature of the announcements being released, all information is subject to change and updates will be made as and when via the Council’s website and social media accounts.