Felixstowe Town Council, the Felixstowe branch of the Royal British Legion and local clergy jointly arrange Remembrance Services for the town.
Armistice Day is on Friday 11th November 2022 where there will be a two minute silence at Felixstowe War Memorial (Download the Service Sheet – PDF)
Remembrance Day is on Sunday 13th November 2022 and the following events will be held:
Civic Remembrance Service 9.45am, St Johns Church (Download the Service Sheet – PDF)
Civic Act of Remembrance 10.45am, War Memorial (Download the Service Sheet – PDF)
At 12.00pm there will be a short service at the WW2 War Graves in the Felixstowe Cemetery, please attend if you can.
East Suffolk Council is suspending parking charges in Convalescent Hill car park from 8am to 1pm on Remembrance Sunday 13th November.
Royal British Legion ‘Festival of Remembrance’ at the Spa Pavilion – Thursday 10th November at 7.30pm
- Tickets: https://thelittleboxoffice.com/spapavilion/event/view/122262
- Details: https://www.facebook.com/felixstoweremembrancefestival/
Please join us if you can.
Below are the Event Management Plan documentation, risk assessment and PLI certificates for Remembrance Sunday:
- Event Management Plan – Remembrance Sunday
- Appendix-A – Act-of-Remembrance-Event-Site-Plan
- Appendix B – 2022 Felixstowe Remembers Risk Assessment draft
- Appendix C – Felixstowe Town Council PLI Cert
- Appendix D – Breeze Events Productions PLI Cert
Centenary of Remembrance – 2018
In 2018 Felixstowe held various events to mark the ending of WW1, including a special commemorative event on the evening of Remembrance Day Sunday 11th November with 163 volunteers representing each of Felixstowe’s fallen.
Alan Boyle, from Everything Felixstowe & Beyond, recorded the event and you can see his remarkable footage on youtube here.
A booklet containing information about the 2018 Remembrance events was printed and can be viewed by clicking the image below: